Online curriculum focuses on the following skillsets:
- Proper truck positioning, proper distance, proper mirror work.
- Ability to conduct pre-trip inspection.
- Ability to put the commercial vehicle in operation.
- Ability to operate the commercial vehicle’s controls and emergency equipment.
- Ability to turn the commercial motor vehicle.
- Ability to brake and slow the commercial motor vehicle by means other than braking.
- Ability to back and park the commercial vehicle.
Drivers are encouraged to practice the following skillsets during the behind-the-wheel portion of the program:
- Off-set alley maneuvers.
- Serpentine maneuvers.
- Parallel parking.
- Backing skills.
- Mirror work.
- Training exercises that include:
- S4 early morning set-up.
- S4 safe work practices.
- S4 security concerns.
- S4 defensive driver skills.
Suggested Training Materials
- Suggested Training Check List (Click here to view the Certification of Road Test Checklist and Form)
- Test Cone Setup Diagrams (Click here to view and download a printable version of the Test Cone Setup Diagrams)